The Tamale Hut Cafe Reading Series heads into the realm of nonfiction this November with author Elsa Prado joining us as our featured reader! Ms. Prado, a child welfare and healthy relationship advocate, will share the knowledge and personal experience that she has collected in her books Heart Stomp and Dear Donor, the latter of which has also been published in Spanish as Querido Donante. Copies of her books will be available for sale, as will Tamale Hut Cafe’s usual menu of delicious food and drink. The reading begins at 7 p.m. on the 17th, so join us at 8300 W. Cermak Road in North Riverside for an educational and enlightening evening!
Elsa Prado is an author, Client Services Professional at ADP, and Spanish interpreter and translator. On Wednesdays every week she co-hosts “Hands Off Our Children,” a radio show on Internet radio station KLAV in Las Vegas, Nevada. She also writes for Successimo.com as a life coach. For years now Elsa has raised awareness on behalf of the well-being of children through her books Dear Donor and Querido Donante, (Spanish version) where she touches on the subject of artificial insemination by donor and child abuse. In her book Heart Stomp, she relates to the importance of seeking out healthy relationships.
In raising awareness Elsa has made guest appearances on:
- Relationships 101: Dr. Beth Erickson/Web Talk radio-Moral issue struggles after artificial insemination by “sperm-donor”
- Dr. Carole’s Couch-Beverly Hills- What to do when your father is a sperm donor?
- Your Life Matters with Jenn and Steve-Psychological effects produced as well as moral effects to the mother, child and family
- Talk to Cogee- Family Hidden Secrets series
- January Jones- Book interview for Dear Donor and Heart Stomp
- Entre Nosotras- Spanish radio- Educational tips for parents about protecting them from child sex abuse–on Zubarrio.com
- Hands Off Our Children radio show- All episodes available on i-Tunes by going to www.handsoffourchildren.org
Please visit Ms. Prado’s website, elsaprado.com, or e-mail email@example.com for questions or feedback. Ms. Prado can also be contacted through Facebook or LinkedIn.